First appeared in the Jan 1985 US price list at $499.50 including gig bag, (Probably introduced earlier, a known serial number indicates that it was made in 1984).
In the August 1986 pricelist the price had increased to $529.50 and at this time it was only available in black.
Does not appear in the later pricelists
- Two pickups (Magnaflux RB)
- two volume and one tone control
- 32.25 inch scale
- 24 frets
- Headless neck with top mounted string clamp so ordinary strings can be used instead of double ball end strings
- Hard Maple body and neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- graphite nut
- First appearance of the ‘stepped’ body design
- Available in Satin Black, Snow White or Red